Globalstar satellite phones typically are called through a phone number assigned to a country-specific number. Dial these phone numbers the same as calling to the country where they are assigned.
For Globalstar phone numbers starting with +881 8:
Calling between Globalstar phones is done by calling the international calling sequence
|+ (hold '0' on keypad'||one to three digits||remaining digits|
|international exit code||country code of the destination phone number||local phone number|
First: dial ‘+’ – the international country code. On globalstar this is dialed by holding ‘0’.
Second: dial one to three digits – the country code for the holder of the Globalstar phone.
Third: dial the remaining digits – the specific Globalstar phone number.
Globalstar phone numbers linked to country-specific phone numbers.
As each country’s telephone numbering plan is different, the number structure varies by country.
‘+’ is used as an international exit code when dialing an international call from a Globalstar satellite phone.
- ITU (International Telecommunications Union) – United Nations specialized agency for information and communications technologies
- Globalstar – official page for Globalstar
- Globalstar support – official support page for Globalstar services in the United States. There are links to other countries as well.
- International Telecommunications Union – DIALLING PROCEDURES (INTERNATIONAL PREFIX, NATIONAL (TRUNK) PREFIX AND NATIONAL (SIGNIFICANT) NUMBER) (IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITU-T RECOMMENDATION E.164 (11/2010)) – A collection of dialing procedures for all countries and regions of the world. Retrieved 11 October 2016
- International Telecommunications Union – Globalstar (country code +881 8, +881 9) Communication of 5.XII.2006 – details of Globalstar telephone numbering plan as submitted to the ITU. Retrieved 11 October 2016
- Wikipedia – Globalstar – Wikipedia entry for Globalstar.
- Globalstar – coverage map of areas Globalstar phones have satellite coverage.
- Globalstar – How do I dial an international number on a Globalstar phone? – official instructions from Globalstar on how to dial calls from a Globalstar phone.