Calling between Inmarsat phones is done through the international calling sequence
|international exit code||Inmarsat country code||Inmarsat phone number|
First: dial ’00’ – the international country code.
Second: dial ‘870’ – the country code for Inmarsat phones.
Third: dial nine digits – the specific Inmarsat phone code.
Phone number structure
Inmarsat phone numbers are nine digits.
There are no area codes or phone number designators – each phone is assigned its own phone number.
’00’ is used as an international exit code when dialing an international call from an Inmarsat satellite phone.
- ITU (International Telecommunications Union) – United Nations specialized agency for information and communications technologies
- Inmarsat – Official page for Inmarsat
- Inmarsat support – Official support page for Inmarsat services
- International Telecommunications Union – DIALLING PROCEDURES (INTERNATIONAL PREFIX, NATIONAL (TRUNK) PREFIX AND NATIONAL (SIGNIFICANT) NUMBER) (IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITU-T RECOMMENDATION E.164 (11/2010)) – A A collection of dialing procedures for all countries and regions of the world. Retrieved 11 October 2016
- International Telecommunications Union – Inmarsat (country code +870) Communication of 15.VII.2008 – Details of Inmarsat’s telephone numbering plan as submitted to the ITU. Retrieved 11 October 2016
- Wikipedia – Inmarsat – Wikipedia entry for Inmarsat.
- Inmarsat ship directory – Directory of ship phone numbers as listed by Inmarsat
- Inmarsat carrier list – Inmarsat’s listing of how their phone numbers break down by segment.