Calling between Inmarsat phones
Calling between Inmarsat phones is done through the international calling sequence
|international exit code||Inmarsat country code||Inmarsat phone number|
First: dial ’00’ – the international country code.
Second: dial ‘870’ – the country code for Inmarsat phones.
Third: dial nine digits – the specific Inmarsat phone code.
Inmarsat phone numbers explained
Phone number structure
Inmarsat phone numbers are nine digits.
There are no area codes or phone number designators – each phone is assigned its own phone number.
Calling internationally from an Inmarsat satellite phone
’00’ is used as an international exit code when dialing an international call from an Inmarsat satellite phone.
Administrative and regulatory
- ITU (International Telecommunications Union) – United Nations specalized agency for information and communications technologies
- Inmarsat – official page for Inmarsat
- Inmarsat support – official support page for Inmarsat services
Sources and more resources
- International Telecommunications Union – DIALLING PROCEDURES (INTERNATIONAL PREFIX, NATIONAL (TRUNK) PREFIX AND NATIONAL (SIGNIFICANT) NUMBER) (IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITU-T RECOMMENDATION E.164 (11/2010)) – collection of dialing procedures for all countries and regions of the world. Retrieved 11 October 2016
- International Telecommunications Union – Inmarsat (country code +870) Communication of 15.VII.2008 – details of Inmarsat’s telephone numbering plan as submitted to the ITU. Retrieved 11 October 2016
- Wikipedia – Inmarsat – Wikipedia entry for Inmarsat.
- Inmarsat ship directory – directory of ship phone numbers as listed by Inmarsat
- Inmarsat carrier list – Inmarsat’s listing of how their phone numbers break down by segment.