Calling between Iridium phones is done through the international calling sequence
|00||881 6||eight digits|
|international exit code||Iridium country code||Iridium phone number|
First: dial ’00’ – the international country code.
Second: dial ‘881 6’ – the country code for Iridium phones.
Third: dial eight digits – the specific Iridium phone number.
Phone number structure
Iridium phone numbers are eight digits.
There are no area codes or phone number designators – each phone is assigned its own phone number.
’00’ is used as an international exit code when dialing an international call from an Iridium satellite phone.
- ITU (International Telecommunications Union) – United Nations specialized agency for information and communications technologies
- Iridium – Official page for Iridium
- Iridium support – Official support page for Iridium services
- International Telecommunications Union – DIALLING PROCEDURES (INTERNATIONAL PREFIX, NATIONAL (TRUNK) PREFIX AND NATIONAL (SIGNIFICANT) NUMBER) (IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITU-T RECOMMENDATION E.164 (11/2010)) – A A collection of dialing procedures for all countries and regions of the world. Retrieved 11 October 2016
- International Telecommunications Union – Iridium (country code +881 6, +881 7) Communication of 17.XII.2015 – Details of Iridium telephone numbering plan as submitted to the ITU. Retrieved 11 October 2016
- Wikipedia – Iridium – Wikipedia entry for Iridium.
- Iridium – How do I make a call to/from the Iridium system? – official instructions from Iridium on how to dial calls to, from, and between Iridium satellite phones.
- Iridium – Test your satellite phone – official instructions from Iridium on testing a satellite phone.