Calling to the Australian Antarctic Territory
Australian Antarctic Territory numbers being with a ‘1’.
Calling within the Australian Antarctic Territory (domestic dialing)
There is no trunk prefix used when calling within the Australian Antarctic Territory. Dial all six numbers as listed.
|designator for the Australian Antarctic Territory within country code 672||remainder of local phone number in the Australian Antarctic Territory|
Australian Antarctic Territory phone numbers explained
|1||one digit||four digits|
|designator for the Australian Antarcitc Territory within country code 672||landline or mobile designator||remainder of the local phone number|
First digit: ‘1’ – country code +672 is shared with Norfolk Island (whose phone numbers start with ‘3’). Australian Antarctic Territory telephone numbers begin with ‘1’.
Second digit: designates the base (research station) being called.
Remaining digits: represent the remainder of the subscriber number.
|Radio, mobile, and other||14|
Calling internationally from the Australian Antarctic Territory
‘oo11’ is used as an international exit code when dialing an international call from the Australian Antarctic Territory.
Administrative and regulatory
- ITU (International Telecommunications Union) – United Nations specalized agency for information and communications technologies
Sources and more resources
- International Telecommunications Union – DIALLING PROCEDURES (INTERNATIONAL PREFIX, NATIONAL (TRUNK) PREFIX AND NATIONAL (SIGNIFICANT) NUMBER) (IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITU-T RECOMMENDATION E.164 (11/2010)) – collection of dialing procedures for all countries and regions of the world. Retrieved 10 October 2016
- International Telecommunications Union – Australian External Territories (Norfolk Island and Australian Antarctic Territory – country code +672) Communication of 22.V.2003 – details of the Australian Antarctic Territory’s telephone numbering plan as submitted to the ITU. Retrieved 10 October 2016
- Department of the Environment and Energy – Australian Antarctic Division – Communicating with Antarctica by phone, fax, and email
- Wikipedia – Telephone numbers in the Australian Antarctic Territory – Wikipedia entry for telephone number data for the Australian Antarctic Territory. Includes specific number ranges for each research station as well as detail on calling procedures.